At ALS Phonics: Letters and Sounds we are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your personal information safe and secure.
Any queries or complaints regarding this policy should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to ALS Phonics: Letters and Sounds C/O SDSA, 1st Floor Alliance House, 6 Bishop Street, Leicester, LE1 6AF.
About ALS Phonics: Letters and Sounds
ALS Phonics: Letters and Sounds aims to provide a solid and continuous approach to the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics in Nursery, Reception and Key Stage 1. Based on the principles of Letters and Sounds, it offers training, guidance and resources to support schools in the delivery of a successful and complete phonics programme.
About the SDSA
The School Development Support Agency (SDSA) maintain the ALS Phonics: Letters and Sounds website. The SDSA is a company limited by guarantee (Company reg. no. 04038050), operating on a not-for-profit basis as a social enterprise organisation. As the legal entity for the ALS Phonics: Letters and Sounds website, the SDSA is the named ‘controller’ of the information they collect about you, which means they are responsible for how your data is processed. The SDSA is committed to ensuring that your data is strictly only used for matters relating to ALS Phonics: Letters and Sounds. For more information about the SDSA please visit www.sdsa.net.
For the purpose of this policy the use of ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ refers to both ALS Phonics: Letters and Sounds and the SDSA.
When do we collect information from you?
We may obtain information about you in the following ways:
- When you purchase one of our phonics packages.
- When your visit our website.
- When you complete and submit the 'Contact Us' form.
The information we collect, store and use about you may include:
- Your name and contact details (including your full name, organisation, address, email address, telephone number, job role and location).
- Information about your activity when visiting our website (including your IP address, when and how many times you visit, the pages you view, your download activity and the location you access the website from).
How do we use your information?
- To provide you with ALS Phonics: Letters and Sounds-related communications such as newsletters and CPD opportunities. You are able to update your preferences at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- To send communications that you have consented to receive and that are relevant to you.
- To set up a username and password for 'school login' access, if you are part of a subscribed school.
- To gather feedback from you about how we can improve.
Who do we share your information with?
We do not share or sell your information with any unrelated third party organisation.
However, sometimes we may need to share your information with a trusted, third party subcontractor who is delivering a service on our behalf. Where this is necessary, the third party will enter into a legal contract with us which will require them to keep your information secure and will prevent them from using it for their own marketing purposes.
How do we keep your information safe?
We take appropriate measures to ensure the information you share with us is kept safe and secure. All information is held securely on encrypted devices and secure online platforms that conform with GDPR legislation. SDSA also hold the Cyber Essentials security certificate.
If an account has been created for you on our website, you are responsible for keeping your password safe. We suggest that you do not share you login details or password with anyone else.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only keep your information for as long as is reasonable and necessary for the purpose it was collected. Following this, all information will be either deleted or destroyed securely or made anonymous. We review all of the information we hold on a yearly basis.
What are my rights?
You have the right to:
- Access the information we hold about you at any time.
- Make changes to the information we hold about you if it is inaccurate or out of date.
- Ask us to delete all of the information we hold about you, as long as there is no legal requirement for us to keep it.
- Withdraw consent for us to use your information, if you have previously given consent.
- Object to us using your information for certain purposes (e.g. marketing).
If you would like to exercise any of your rights please contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to ALS Phonics: Letters and Sounds C/O SDSA, 1st Floor Alliance House, 6 Bishop Street, Leicester, LE1 6AF.